“It doesn’t have to be hard,” she said.
Except, I’m the potty-mouthed woman constantly banging on about educating your clients … and, lady, it really doesn’t have to be hard.
In fact, today I’m going to make it super easy for you by sharing the three things you should be educating your clients on.
- Do a case study of a super successful brand and explain why they have done things a certain way to connect with their ideal clients. HINT: Think of a brand your ideal client LOVES. Click here to see a case study I did on the brand LUSH.
- Show before and afters of your client work in your folio. You can include results (like increased conversion rate, traffic and brand appeal) in the ‘after’ section.
- Use your clever visual skills to show how colours, fonts and imagery can evoke feelings. Here is a ‘Colour Meanings’ chart I put together, you should create one too!
- Including your process on your website.
- Offering a free 15-minute chat to anyone who downloads your price list.
- Doing a case study on a past client, showing the design stages from concepts to finished product & explaining your work along the way.
3. YOUR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE
This is a biggie. You need to start letting your peeps know how clever you are. You have loads of knowledge, a shit load in fact, but it’s all just second nature to you which makes it really hard for you to see.
I suggest doing a brain dump and listing all of your ideal client’s problems,
big and small. For example:
- They don’t know how to set up a business Facebook page.
- They don’t understand why a consistent brand is important.
- They don’t know where to download free stock images.
All that stuff! Go nuts. Once you have written down every little problem, write down next to each of them how you can supply a solution.
From there, you can:
- Write a newsletter/blog post about each problem and provide a solution.
- Do a Facebook live regarding problems & solutions and answer any questions live.
- Offer free tutorials, templates, e-books, webinar and content that offer solutions.
And voila – your genius is proudly showcased and shared!
So now you know what you need to educate your clients about, and how to do it, no excuses 🙂
All the love,